The Victoria SUP Challenge is back! Mark your calendar for Saturday May 28th, 2022.
Designed as a FUN event for ALL ages and ALL skill levels from first time paddler to pro.
The focus is on participation and challenging your own limits.
Tons of FUN and DRAW PRIZES for everyone! Challenge category prizes too!
Brought to you by South Island SUP, Mer Tales Ocean Journeys, Coastline Surf and our growing list of amazing sponsors: Victoria Sports Tourism Commission, Gyro Beach Board Shop, Red Paddle Co., Kolder Surf, Blackfish Paddles, Vaikobi and Renee Tong Massage Therapy.
8:30-9:30 On-site check-in/registration
9:30 Mandatory paddlers’ safety meeting for 6km & 10.5km Distance Challenge
10:00 6km & 10.5km Distance Challenge
12:30 Mandatory paddlers’ safety meeting for 1-2km Short Course Challenge Heats
12:45 1-2km Short Course Challenge Heats
1:30 200m Mini-Grom (U10) Challenge (FREE)
1:45 Relay races (FREE)
2:15 Challenge category prizes and Draw prizes
Potential 6km & 10.5km Distance Challenge course starting/ending in Cadboro Bay below. All other challenges held within Cadboro Bay near the beach. Location and/or course designs and distances may change to provide a safe and fun event for all. Refer to our Facebook Event Page for event updates.
Registration and Pricing Details
- Registration via Webscorer
- 6km & 10.5km Distance Challenge includes entry to 1-2km Challenge Heats (Online $60 until 4pm May 27 | Onsite $65)
- Register for 1-2km Challenge Heats if you’re NOT entering the 6km & 12km Distance Challenge (Online $35 until 4pm May 27 | Onsite $40)
- South Island SUP Paddling Club Member and Youth (U19) discounts are applied after answering related questions during registration process
- 200m Mini-Grom (U10) Challenge (FREE)
- Relay races (FREE)
- No refunds less than 2 weeks prior unless the event is cancelled
- Refunds due to event cancellations will be subject to a $20 admin fee
- Attendance at paddlers’ safety meetings is mandatory
- Transport Canada approved PFDs and whistles are mandatory Transport Canada requirements. CHECK you have a whistle. If you do not, we will have a few for sale at the race ($10 each)
- Must be 16 years of age or older to wear inflatable PFDs (i.e. waistbelt style) (Transport Canada requirement)
- Leashes are required for all course challenges
- Children under age 16 must paddle with an adult unless approved for independent paddling
- Spotters and safety watercraft will be on the distance course
- Wear bright clothing if possible and clothing/immersion gear suitable for the weather conditions
- Bring a change of clothes and keep on the beach or in your car just in case
Be as green as possible and protect what you love. Walk, ride your bike, bus, carpool. Bring your own refillable water bottles.
Spread the word and let your friends know about the Victoria SUP Challenge May 28!
Interested in being a sponsor? Contact Brian at 778-679-1423 or Brian@SouthIslandSUP.com
Brought to you by